11/03/2010

The Flamin' Groovies

Nostalgia. I has it.

I was trying to think of some of the music that I used to be obsessed with, and how much my music taste has changed since then. It turns out, quite a lot. I remembered (proudly) that the first cd that I ever bought for myself was the japanese version of Echo Park by Feeder. Brilliant album that it was, I have not listened to the warblings done by them inn quite a long time. anyway......moving on.

One of the albums that I remember I was obsessed with for a while was a compilation my Dad bought called Teenage Kicks. One side mainly punk, the other mainly new wave. Pretty good collection of hits, I suggest trying to get a copy if you can find it (there's a lot of albums like this with the same title, but it's the one with a Dr. Marten's boot smashing through the cover). This is one of my choice picks from the new wave side, Shake Some Action by The Flamin' Groovies



No comments: