19/03/2008

Be-Bop Deluxe

I've been on a bit of a music binge the past two weeks, listening to a lot of the older records i've got in my collection. I'm really getting back into Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark, and seeing as their album Dazzle Ships has just been re-released with bonus tracks I think that will be the next cd i'll add to my collection.

Another band i've been listening to greatly is Be-Bop Deluxe. I have to thank my Dad for getting me into them, as he is a big fan and has most of their albums that i've copied for my listening pleasure. There's something about the guitar style of Bill Nelson that makes me wish I was better in my own attempt at playing, but it's just so nice to listen to. A mixture of rock and roll, reggae, and low tempo numbers shows their diversity, and I never tire of listening to them. Here's a video of them playing the fantastic 'Ships in the Night':



Listening to this music has made me quite interested in the 1970's, plus my obsession with the tv series Life on Mars, and recently Ashes to Ashes, has made me think of some personal projects that I may undertake soon.

No comments: